The BRIC Platform is An innovative new digital platform that could help communities work together to fight the effects of the climate crisis and build their resilience to flooding is now freely available.
The BRIC Web Platform has been developed as part of the two-year Building Resilience in Communities (BRIC) project, involving eight ‘pilot’ sites in England and France.
The online tool contains resources, guidance, good practices, surveys, and training materials to help you create your own community flood resilience web page without having to worry about coding.
Anyone can sign up to the free platform, with optional upgrades for communities who require more storage and functionality.
One of the purposes of the BRIC Web Platform is to create a lasting legacy of BRIC’s work over the past two years with eight flood-threatened communities in England and France.
BRIC’s purpose has been to build resilience in local communities who are at risk of flooding – particularly focusing on local areas of deprivation and supporting vulnerable groups such as the elderly and those furthest from the labour market.
This has included:
- As a social innovation project, trying new tools and activities to engage with local people including installing new flood awareness technologies.
- Using the Appreciative Inquiry (AI) method to a model for initial engagement, diagnostic and behaviour change. AI is based on the idea that change is facilitated when it is guided by a positive vision (assets, successes of an organisation). This stimulating approach would encourage the involvement of people in the long term.
- Helping communities to form flood action groups, hosting and promoting awareness events, and communicating flood risk and management with the growing concern around the climate crisis.
The work culminated in March 2023 with the Social Innovation for Climate Resilience Conference, featuring expert speakers from the BRIC pilot sites in the UK and France and thought-provoking panel discussions on how to build resilience to flooding.
It also provided a platform to launch the BRIC social innovation resilience model, including the public launch of the BRIC Web Platform, innovative engagement methods and activities, and awareness-raising technology.
Sign-up and have a look around on the amazing features of the BRIC Platform and see how it can help your communities build resilience.
- Visit our home page: Building Resilience In Communities Web Platform (bric-network.com)
- Access all the partner’s Resilience Network pages, StoryMaps and try out the Training Modules
The BRIC web platform is a powerful tool that supports community engagement by creating a centralized space where government bodies, stakeholders, community groups and the public can come and exchange information using a variety of integrated applications.
BRIC (Building Resilience in Communities) is funded by Interreg VA France (Channel) England.